Travel to Brazil: Information and necessary documents required for entry to Brazil
Brazil Visitor Visa
The Brazil Visa currently allows citizens of Australia, Canada, USA and Japan to travel to Brazil for touristic and business purposes.
Completing the application form for the Brazil travel visa is simple and straightforward. Once submitted, the application can take about 5 working days to process. In some cases, it may take longer if additional paperwork is required.
The Brazilian Visitor Visa is valid for 2 consecutive years and allows visitors to spend 90 days a year in the country for varied purposes.
These are the following types of Brazil visitor visa:
- Business, tourism, transit, journalism, sports activities, artistic activities, seminars or conferences, cultural programs, scientific programs, research activities, studies, voluntary work, crewmember, short-term medical treatment, and as a fiancé(e) or spouse of a Brazilian citizen.
The Brazilian authorities designed the eVisa for Brazil to simplify the process of getting a travel authorization to visit Brazil.
Visitor Visa Requirements for Brazil
Completing the Tourist Visa for Brazil application form is easy, there are a few basic requirements for the Brazilian eVisa.
You need to have:
- A valid passport.
- A credit card to pay the visitor Visa for Brazil fee.
- An email address to receive the Brazil Visa.
As well as personal information and travel details, applicants may be required to upload a passport-size photo which can be submitted at a later date and does need to be provided at the moment of application.
- It must be taken from the front, against a white background.
- Face and shoulders must be centralized on the camera, and the applicant’s eyes must be looking into the camera.
- Reflections, shadows or glare should not be present in the picture.
- The applicant’s facial expression must be neutral and the eyes must be open.
- Dark glasses, non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses, and glasses with thick frames are not acceptable.
- Headgear including hats are unacceptable unless there is a necessary religious reason. However, headgear cannot prevent a perfect, clear view of the applicant’s face.
- Children must not appear with toys or pacifiers. The hands of people holding them must be out of view.
Travel docs for Brazil
Once the Brazil eVisa application has been submitted it can normally take 5 days to process. If the application is approved, the electronic visa is sent by email (as a pdf) to the email address provided on the application form.
Applicants are advised to print at least one copy of their eVisa for Brazil as they will need to present this to the Brazilian border authorities upon arrival.
Travelers will also need to present their passport. It is essential that the details on the passport correspond exactly to those on the eVisa for Brazil.